Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS Check (Declaration of Fitness to Work, Declaration of Association).
Term Time only
Deadline: Friday 16th February 2018
Hours: 8.30am to 3.30pm (with a 20 minute lunch break)
Start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 19th March 2018
Application forms are available to download below and completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com
We are seeking to appoint a committed teaching assistant who would be able to work alongside children with additional needs in our mainstream classes. This would be initially in key stage 3 and 4. Knowledge of a range of speech and language interventions would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- be fully committed to supporting children
- be able to use effective strategies to promote positive attitudes to learning
- be highly motivated with a very positive attitude and enjoy a challenge
- have the ability to inspire children and provide high quality learning experiences
- have very high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour
- behave in a professional manner within a team environment
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work positively with children and parents
- have a sound knowledge of Mathematics and English including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are keen to learn
- a popular and happy school with caring and involved parents
- a dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic team of staff and governors
- a commitment to high quality professional development
- a superb learning environment with excellent resources to facilitate learning
Please complete the Hulme Hall Grammar School application form, and return it with a covering letter supporting your application. Your letter should take account of the person specification, and should:
- Explain why you are applying for the post
- Outline the relevant experiences you believe have prepared you for this post
- Describe the skills and attributes you will bring to the school
The School’s application form must be completed in full. CVs on their own are not accepted.
Completed applications should be addressed to:
Miss R. Allen, Headteacher
Hulme Hall Grammar School,
Applications by e-mail are encouraged; please send for the attention of Miss Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the application deadline. If you have not heard from us by this date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that it is our normal practice to take up references at the point of shortlisting for interview. We will also contact current and previous employers as part of the process of preappointment checks. If you are shortlisted, any discrepancies or anomalies in the information provided, or issues arising from references will be taken up at interview. Your referees must include your most recent employer; references from friends or relatives are not acceptable.
Hulme Hall Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.